First of all I just want to say how the hell is 2017 over already, I just can't believe how fast this year has gone! Anyway, as you're all aware today is the last day of 2017 and I really wanted to document the things I have achieved this year.
I spent a lot of the year doubting my work, having no confidence and just putting myself down a lot that I forgot all the amazing things I've done and achieved this year so I wanted to note them all down!
- I spent the entire January in my kitchen replaying the same video over and over again and learnt how to retouch skin (still learning lol)
- I tried Sushi for the first time and bloody loved it!
- I worked a lot with Kurt Geiger and got used to shooting with my external flash
- I was asked to shoot Hector Bellerin for London Fashion Week Mens, he posted the photos on Twitter AND credited me - I mean getting credited by anyone is a bloody miracle
- I worked in a studio a couple of times and managed to set up successful shoots yay
- I shot Maya Jama and had my work printed in a magazine, how bloody cool is that!
- I worked with New Look and New Look Men throughout the year and created some pretty cool social content for both of them!
- I BECAME AN AUNTY AND IT'S THE BEST THING THAT'S EVER HAPPENED TO ME!
- I turned 23 and even more fabulous
- I did Photography as a full time career for a year!
- I binged watched SO many shows on Netflix (Power, Breaking Bad, Gilmore Girls, Grey's Anatomy, Jane the Virgin, Peaky Blinders, Sex and The City, I mean the list goes on...)
- I was in two issues of Blogosphere magazine, how cool is that!
- I visited Norway twice and ate a good amount of shit food both times
- I visited Dublin, Rome, Frejus, Cannes, St.Tropez
- I flew by myself for the first time ever!
- I photographed some pretty cool campaigns from YSL, to Givenchy beauty
- I visited Bath for the first time and tried chicken and waffles which was AMAZING
- I improved on my cooking :)
- I worked with New Look for the whole of Fashion Week and had the best doughnut of my life
- I saved and invested in camera equipment
- I learnt to curl my hair
- I discovered color grading (better late than never)
- I managed to bag a shoot with Lipsy in the summer
- I watched another greek singer (Giannis Ploutarxos, if you know you know) live in concert
- I ate a lot of Nutella
- I did a shoot with Kurt Geiger on the hottest day of the year on a fake beach in Brixton and managed to catch a slight tan
- I did my first ever Escape Room!
- I shot at some cool alcohol events, Freixenet, Martin Miller's Gin etc
- I petted a lot of dogs
- I cried and doubted myself and my work a lot but never gave up
- I met Claudia Schiffer!
- I shot with Ted Baker twice and met some lovely people through it!
- I watched Alladin at the theatre and oh my goodness it was incredible!
- I managed to shoot a couple of stylish women in London for WhoWhatWearUK
- I went to a pumpkin farm for the first time ever
- I sat front row on Jonathan Ross's show and saw Dua Lipa perform live
- I worked on a cool project with GHD and worked with a studio light on location for the first time ever
- I made time for my friends, boyfriend and family because that's very important to me!
- I went for my annual trip to Winter Wonderland for the churros
- Lastly I worked with some amazing girl bosses this year and created some really cool content, I can't even begin to name them all!
As the year was ending, I felt like I've barely achieved much this year but having written most of them down I have done so much! Improving my personal life is so important to me and I am so grateful for the people in my life! I wanted to thank everyone who has supported me this year, it honestly means so much, I am looking forward to seeing what 2018 has in store for me!
Happy New Year!